Priam Lodge Stables, Epsom.

It was known as Priam Cottage, Downs Cottage or Downs Farm in the early part of the 19th Century. Not connected to Priam the Derby Winner. However in the late 19th Century John Jones and Arthur Nightingale trained from there and they had horses owned by the Prince of Wales. Above the entrance of the

More ...

The Stables at Chaumont

The stables date from the 19th century. The courtyard is graced with an arched entrance. The riding school is on the right and the stables in front and to the left. They consist of stalls and some loose boxes for ponies. The floors are all tiled and the walls ceramic tiled. The fittings are all

More ...

The Harness Room at Chaumont

This room contains up to 18 sets of harness. The collection will date from the 1880’s and later. The interior of the harness room is luxurious. The parque floor and panelled walls are typical of a property of that status. Most tack rooms had wood panelling and often tiled floors in the Victorian period. The

More ...

Print of Stables Circa 1752

Racing and stable scenes after paintings by James Seymour engraved by T Burford. Circa 1752. These show 18th century stabling little different in design to the ones in Dunster Castle. The walls are now solid and divide the horses from each other. The cobbles are much the same. However it is nice to see sheaves

More ...